Trust Management & Trustee Services
DMS Bank & Trust provides a suite of trustee services and investment governance to meet the specific needs of our institutional clients. Our team of professionals gives you the personal attention to ensure that the terms of the trust meet your requirements, and that the administration of the trust is conducted at the highest industry standards.
Our core services include:
- Acting as share trustee using either a STAR trust or Charitable trust structure.
- Put simply, a Trust is a legal arrangement whereby a person (the Trustee) holds and deals with property (the Trust Fund) on behalf of other persons (the Beneficiaries). The Trust is created when a person (the Settlor) transfers property to the Trustee, who is then legally obligated to administer that property for the benefit of the Beneficiaries.
- STAR and Charitable Trusts are also commonly used in structured finance transactions whereby assets are settled into trusts and a Special Purpose Vehicle for a wide range of commercial transactions in a safe, flexible and bankruptcy remote manner.
- Trusts can also play a part in the liquidation of a Fund, especially one that holds illiquid assets and where the directors wish to wind up the fund in advance of liquidating all its positions.
- Acting as Enforcer to STAR trusts.
- As Enforcer, DMS Bank can act as an independent enforcer to that of the Trustee in order to further enhance corporate governance systems.
- Acting as Trustee to complement Structured Finance deals.
- As the Trustee, DMS Bank holds the management shares on behalf of a fund and its underlying beneficial owners (e.g. investors or limited partners). The Trustee is legally obligated to administer voting shares for the benefit of the beneficiaries and acts in a fiduciary capacity.
- Providing industry professionals experienced to serve on boards of Private Trust Companies that in turn serve as Trustee to Charitable or Unit Trusts.